Sunday 24 February 2008

Hectic but productive weekend



Had 4 of the grandkids here this weekend so oldest DD could go partying! She deserves a few treats. A single mum of 4, doing 1 full time college course and 2 part time evening courses. These qualifications will compliment her IHM qualification. (Indian Head massage)

She was waiting for me to make her a necklace because I'd made some for my 2 youger girls. I asked what style she wanted....and she said *Cleopatra* style!
We searched online and looked through some jewellery catalogues and she pointed out a couple of styles she liked. So I did a few sketches, measured her neck....and
I made this necklace for her. I won't be making many more of these. Far too fiddly and time consuming.

Tomorrow, I WILL make my "wing" themed ATC's for a swap.Then make a start on a chunky book swap. The first thing I must do is made a card for my lovely friend Pixe, who is in hospital.

4 comments:

Heather T. said...

Unbelievable necklace--I'm SO impressed!

Annie Stamps said...

Thank you dear. Designing it was easy enough I guess. Putting it together was more difficult than I expected. Still got lots to learn.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's great! What can I do to get you to watch my kids and make me a necklace? ;)

Annie Stamps said...

Just get a flight to the UK Julie. You can organise my stamp supplies while I keep the little ones busy and make your necklace:)