Wednesday 14 May 2008

New Rubber


I went to HSNW Stamp Festival at Port Sunlight last weekend. It's one of the highlights of my year. I so enjoy meeting up with stamping buddies from online groups and forums.

Got lots of lovely new rubber from some of my favourite stamp companies:)

I was surprised to see stampattack had Jo's mini geisha plate on the stand. Didn't think they would be ready yet in the smaller size. So, I was choosing which plates I wanted, then a woman standing nearby reached over my shoulder and took the last Geisha plate! I wasn't too worried, just went to ask Fred and Caz to put more rubber out. Then, I found out that they had sold every single plate! I didn't cry, I was very brave....did a lot of muttering under my breath though! They had free postage for plates ordered and paid for on Saturday, 3 half plates for £25 is a good deal:)

Anyway, the rubber arrived today and I couldn't wait to play with it. (was supposed to be making an anniversary card to give DH on Sunday. (24 years!)
So today I was mounting the images onto EZmount, then Tracy stamped them to see how they looked.... (Wednesday is our play day)

These geisha sitting side by side are going to be one of my favourite stamps, I know already. I stamped them onto an alcohol ink background, then mounted on black. Cut some elements from Far Flung Craft Tulis scrap paper. The stone in the centre of the coin made the left side of the card a bit blurry when I scanned it.

More about the stamping show in another post. It's been so hot here again. Not complaining, but on hot days like this, I get terrible headaches.

1 comment:

Heather T. said...

Oh, that's adorable!!!