Friday 23 May 2008

Stamp making kit



My DH bought me an Imagepac stamp making kit for our wedding anniversary last weekend. Using it wasn't quite as easy as I thought it would be! After using up almost all the sachets of *gunge* stuff (polymer or whatever it is) I decided to phone the company to see what I was doing wrong. I knew my printed designs were OK, because I had exactly the same problem with the images that came with the kit! So that narrowed it down to a) timing b) light c) positioning of said light. I wish I'd known they sold an angle poise lamp because I would have bought one with the kit!
But instead, had to get one from Asda (WalMart) When Tracy came to play Wednesday, we spent the entire time experimenting with the kit, and stacking boxes to lay my lamp on it's side so it was facing directly above the clamp at the correct distance.
The stamps were still not right, either too solid or not solid enough. Tracy left here to go collect her boys from school and she still hadn't seen a decent home made stamp. By this time, I was absolutely certain the problem was the timing. So I kept experimenting until finally, I got a stamp design that was just what I wanted. The company sent me a box of replacement sachets which was very good of them. They told me to phone back if I needed any help or advice. Once I knew what the problem was, it was just a case of trial and error. Still got a lot to learn but I'm happy with the stamps I made over the last day or two.

5 comments:

Heather T. said...

Cool! I'm really interested to see how long they last...

Anonymous said...

Very fun!

Anonymous said...

roll on a week on Wednesday - love the dotty flower Ann :)
Tracy
xx

Annie Stamps said...

Heather, they say these stamps will stamp a million impressions. Sounds pretty impressive, time will tell:)

Unknown said...

Great stamps. The kit scares me though! Deb x