Monday 28 April 2008

Accidental background


Last Wednesday when Tracy came to play, she fancied doing some resist techniques.
My memory is pretty hopeless and on bad days, nothing goes as it should.

This background started out as a marvy marker background. Only, I had problems with the pens (hadn't been used for years) the pink one left scribbly marks that didn't react to with water. I threw the card to one side in frustration!
Decided to use it to experiment on. I stamped Tracy's new stamps and embossed with clear EP. Then, silly idiot, I decided to use alcohol inks to colour the background of the card. I intended to wipe the ink off the stamped images. I totally forgot that alcohol ink sticks to pretty much everything it touches! DUH! When I spritzed some alcohol solution on, the inks reacted beautifully. I rather like the effect.....maybe I'll play some more with this.

2 comments:

Heather T. said...

Oooh, I like it too--very nifty!

Anonymous said...

Your "accidents" always look nicer than my actual attempts!