Tuesday 22 April 2008

Tagged by Craftygirl

I was tagged by my mate Craftygirl

So I have to list 6 quirky or little known things about me:) THEN, I have to tag 6 people:)

Here goes:

1) I don't like frogs! Seriously, we have loads of them in our garden and they wait for me to walk down the garden path, THEN they jump out and scare the living daylights out of me. My DH loves them:(

2) Still on frogs (can you see how they ruin my life?) I was walking with my grandkids on the common land at the back of my house. Oldest grandson, (then 8) lifted a sheet of wood that was lying on the ground. And there, gawping at me was the biggest frog I'd ever seen in my life (it was probably a toad!) I screamed so loud, it scared the kids half to death. Then, I yelled at them, run for your lives! Save yourselves! And I was gone....(shame on me) They've never let me forget that incident!

3) When I was a child, I wanted piano lessons. The only teacher in our area was a guy that mum went to school with and she said he was useless on piano! She told me to get on the piano and just *play it*. So that's what I did, starting with 3 Blind Mice! I had some lessons when I was 40. My teacher used the American method of teaching music theory...and it ALL made sense to me! I understood maths!!! YES I DID! Sadly, the lessons ended after I completed grade 1 because she had to go back to the USA :(

4) When I was in school, I had some poems published in a local magazine. Recently I wrote my very first Haiku for a competition on Oriental Stamp Art yahoo group. My entry got second place. Maybe I should write some more:)

5) I have a problem with my eyesight. After attending hospital for a few years, they finally confirmed that it is macular degeneration. Apparently, this is very rare in someone my age. It usually affects people in their 70's. In my *good* eye, I have a naevus. This is like a freckle, and can turn cancerous so I have to have tests every year to check how it's growing (or not growing)

6) I talk too much! Yes, even when composing an email or updating my blog..I talk far too much.

1 comment:

Heather T. said...

Oh Annie, I'm just SO sorry about the MD diagnosis. Do you know Minda O., on OSA? She has it too, more advanced than yours I think; perhaps you guys should communicate and she can give you tips on how to cope...

And yes, do write some more!! And take more piano lessons!