Monday 7 January 2008

A Da Vinci card for DH's birthday


It's my DH's birthday on Wednesday so I had to make him a card. He would have known if I gave him last years card (cos I did that last year!)

It often takes me a while to get motivated at the beginning of the year. This year was tougher than expected...............due to a stressful time last year. I thought I might have to buy him a card..... shock, horror!


until I remembered....


Kristy and Faye sent me some of farflungcraft's new line of scrapbook papers to play with a few weeks ago:) I'm not a scrapper by any stretch of the imagination so I expected to have problems when I came to use them. Doncha love a challenge?


So today, I looked through the papers and the Bamboo "Batik Prints" really shouted *use me*. The colours are very good for male cards. So I stamped *self portrait* (stampington) onto vellum using black ink, attached it to a small panel of bamboo paper, layered it onto bronze pearlescent card, then attached the panel to a larger piece of the reverse side of the same scrap paper...pretty simple.....I love quick and easy cards.


Bet those papers will make wonderful Valentine cards too:)

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I love this card! Now that I know you are blogging I will add you to the blog roll over at Far Flung Craft!